Saturday, January 18, 2014

Speaking of trash....

Ask my boys what I might be doing on any given Monday night, and they will tell you....with a roll of their eyes.... "picking up curb trash."

They know the drill.... all too well, I'm afraid.  I usually insist on taking one of them with me.  Someone has to jump out real fast and grab the broken dresser or random pieces of wood before anyone spots us... right?

Once, I didn't make it out until daylight (big risk, there... so many treasures have already been found) but I wasn't to be disappointed....  It was broken, but it was beautiful to me.... calling my name from an old beach house on Sullivan's.








it sang 'sun-bleached', 'wind-worn', 'aged-by-the-sea'...



I brought it home and sat it on my front porch for a while.... and I liked it there, just the way it was.

Too bad I didn't leave it there... just the way it was....   but we learn as we go.


Thinking I had to paint it to restore it's beauty, I decided to layer it with some creamy yellow Annie Sloan paint...





then with some Napoleonic Blue... and voila






My own little place to sit while I read and watch the boys throw football....


Where is your favorite place to sit and relax??  

Show me....

xoxo
LW

No comments: