Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Offical White Coats....


I guess it's the tradition at UK to give the first year dental students their white lab coats, names embroidered and all, during a ceremony put on by the UKDS alumni. It was actually pretty nice...kind of like a mini graduation.....Family and friends were invited and there was a reception outside in the garden afterwards. As I strolled the grounds outside and met some of the other student's families, I noticed I really look more like the parent of a dental student than a spouse of one but hey....who's counting wrinkles.

Anyway, here's some photos of the event.....Thank you, Rob, for stopping to pose during the processional so I could snap a few of you!


Outside before the ceremony....work it Rob!


A few of Rob's fellow students and friends....


Rob tossing his "sweat towel" at me on the way out of the auditorium.


Miller with dad....Weston and Jett were at a scout campout that night.


Rob and Miller with Kim Bryan.
Kim was the Dean of Admissions for the UKDS and just took a job at the University of Florida, Gainesville. We'll forever be grateful to this man for the opportunity he gave to Rob and our family.




4 comments:

Joy said...

Great pictures! Congrats Rob! You look very natural in that white coat!

Wright Family said...

Hi Linda! I found your blog from Ammon and Brooke's. Congrats on the move back to Lexington and for Rob being accepted. It is funny to see those pictures and think back to that white coat ceremony that now seems so long ago. I hope things go well for you all. Best of luck to Rob too.
Angie

pam said...

Hi Linda:
I am so glad you got into this blog thing. How happy (and sad) it made me to see Rob in his beautiful white coat. How many times does a mom get to witness one of her kids get 'inducted' into dental school?! And I had to miss it. It makes me so very proud of you and Rob for the tough decision you both made to do this, and sad that we could not be there. I will regret that forever.
But, I have graduation to look forward to and any other adwards/banquets that may come along for Rob, and by hell of high water, I will be there.
I thought you looked beautiful by the way, nothing like one of the moms of a student! I am so happy for your family and this great quest you are on.
I also love the story of Miller and the Viola. What a great teaching tool that can be! He looked so happy and proud with his beautiful new Viola. We can look for a new case for him when Bob and I come up, so tell him not to sweat it. I will look around here too. How fortunate you are that your boys are all so musically inclined. That is something they will always be able to do and bless others with.
Thanks again for all your calls and the talk we had last night. It meant a lot to me. I have been so weepy over the last few weeks, feeling like I will never get better, but today I actually got out of bed for the first time and sat on my front porch.
Please know how much you are loved and appreciated and how I know the special person that you are. My grandchildren couldn't have a better mom or dad. I love you Pam

Ali said...

Great looking man, you have there, Linda! What a fun memory shared with Miller. I just wish we could "speed up" the whole school time 'cause I need my teeth whitened BAD!!!! HA! Love you all!