Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Budding Photographer....

We have always loved going to Boyd's Orchard. We've picked blueberries, apples, pumpkins.....always a fun experience for us. The last time we went it was late summer, early fall....too early for apples, too late for peaches...and we were the only ones there except for the workers. We talked with the owner for a bit and he let us play on the slide and walk around the orchard for free.

On Friday, the boys were off school so we headed out to the Orchard for some kettle corn and their fresh apple cider. The place was a madhouse! (I don't know what I was expecting....) There were so many people there and because we are spoiled, non-crowded-going Boyd's customers, we were a bit disappointed. We walked around outside for a minute....counted all of the school buses....decided to go back inside the barn and get a bite to eat....waited and waited in line.... then finally decided to go get hot chocolate somewhere. I felt bad enough that my plans to have a fun day with the boys didn't quite turn out the way we'd hoped, but then I stumbled in the dirt on the way to the car and broke my flip flop. It wasn't so bad that I embarrassed myself....I do that all the time....but breaking my favorite pair of shoes.....devastating!
Fortunately, the drive to the Orchard is a beautiful one and Weston took some amazing pictures along the way.....








These are the sweetest boys....

1 comment:

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Great pictures! Love the fall festivities and the beautiful colors!