Sunday, October 19, 2008

He Gets it Honest....

I pretended to jog, again, yesterday. Miller was my little companion this time and followed along on his scooter to keep me company and keep me from quitting too soon. It's cooled down a bit here so I had to break out my new jogging suit from Gabe's. (That's Gabriel Brothers for those of you who don't live in a small enough town to know what this store is.) Anyways, as always, the pants were too long so instead of hemming them, I thought I'd try pulling up and rolling the waistband down once to take the length up a bit. Normally, I fake jog at night so no one can see me, but I'd slacked all week and it was a pretty day, so off we went. A few minutes into it, I felt self-conscious so I turned to Miller and asked if my nylon pants looked like they were riding up too tight in "the back". He performed the "I'm going to slow down and nonchalantly walk right behind you to make sure you don't have a spot on your bottom" maneuver, rode his scooter back up next to me and said:

"Yep...they're a little tight. I'm guessing that's why dad wanted you to have them."

4 comments:

Ali said...

Out of the mouth of babes....that's great! I'm sure you were working the nylon, girl! I miss that Gabe's--good times, good times. maybe one day I'll be able to stop in again and go crazy! Nothing like that here in CO. Love you ALL!

Melinda said...

Oh my gosh, that's so funny! Told ya you need to blog more often!

angela said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

Jeri said...

So funny! I love the things kids say.