Tuesday, September 9, 2008

You've Had a Birthday....

So Rob just celebrated his....ummm.....29th birthday (we're counting backwards now) and we had another one of our rip-roaring parties to celebrate. This one really took the cake, though (no pun intended). Rob got a few cards, a sketchy rendition of happy birthday from his children and his favorite cake. When it was time to sing, I realized we didn't have any candles except for a left over number "4".
I'll admit it.....it was mine. We've been using it each year since I turned 40....(oops, I mean 34). So even though there was no "4" anywhere in his birthday this year, in keeping with the Whitten Family theme of "Thrift or Bust", we just plopped it on his cake and lit it.
I know....ghetto.

Thankfully, there was some cash in a few of those cards! Happy Birthday honey!





Seriously....everytime I say, "Cheeeeese!", this is what I get.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm so happy you started a blog. I look forward to being one of your blog followers!

Linda@SurfandSweetgrass said...

You are the Q-U-E-E-N of blogging! I love reading yours! Had to put you on my blog "speed-dial"!