Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Lunch Buffet...

We were going through Miller's backpack this morning getting it ready for school tomorrow and I found this. I promise this is a word-for-word letter Miller wrote to his elementary school principal...probably a language arts writing assignment. Now I ask you...who's kid is this?!

Dear Mrs. Henderson,

Starving, stressed out. That's me after lunch when I don't get enough to eat. If we had a buffet, no one would have to go through that.

If we had a buffet we'd be happy because we wouldn't be starving. I know this because when my dad is hungry he is not all that happy. You try starving every day and see how miserable you'll be. What if you were given a small lunch and you couldn't get full and you got a bad grade after lunch because you couldn't concentrate?

If we had a buffet it would be fair because sometimes people that have a late lunch, sometimes you run out of the main thing. This happened to me when we had chicken nuggets one day. When I got there, salad was the only thing left. Now a buffet may cost a lot but people pay for lunch and the people on free lunch pay for extra so why not a buffet?

100% of the kids in Mrs. Mitchell/Mr. Spivey's class want a buffet for lunch. We would be able to pick what we ate and not be forced to eat what we don't want to. This will help so we can concentrate in class.

If we had a buffet it would help our social skills because we would not be angry because we would not be hungry. If we had a buffet then the teachers would have an easier time teaching because kids will be full and engergized. When people are hungry they intend to slack off and get bad grades in school. People are starving before lunch and then they're stressing because they didn't get enough to eat.

I can see it now....kids coming to lunch hungry and leaving full because you gave us a buffet.

Sincerely,

Miller Whitten

7 comments:

Lew said...

Ok, that is classic!! You have got to keep that letter forever. Too funny!
You should give it to the principal...he makes quite a case!

Linda@SurfandSweetgrass said...

Lew,
I knew you'd love that..it did go to the principal...what a crack-up.

Melinda said...

That is an awesome persuasive letter! It was making me feel so hungry. I can totally relate and my husband is the grumpiest person in the world when he is hungry. I hope Miller gets his buffet! :)

Anonymous said...

He should run for student body president on this platform! What a great letter Miller. Send it to President Obama....maybe he will buy you guys what you need for a buffet! Why not? He is his Dad's son---hungry and a good writer. Way to go Mills! We love you all.

Ali said...

Classic Miller!!! That is for sure. Honest, not mixing words & emphasizing the importance of a full belly. I am with you little nephew....bring me food or I get angry!!!! God Bless Him!

angela said...

Definitely good for a laugh! That's a keeper for sure. lol

Natalie and Jared said...

haha, that's hilarious!